- Welcome to the Las Vegas Backgammon Club. We have tournaments at 6
PM every Tuesday evening, any special scheduling information will be clearly posted below. Late entries are usually available (final spot typically sells out between 8 p.m. and 9 p.m.).
$15 entries $10 reentries, 7 point matches,
single elimination. Please bring a board if you have one (if you don't, we have extras).
The Vegas BG Club venue
Where: Our club meets at Meepleville Board Game Cafe -- 4704 W Sahara Ave, Las Vegas, NV 89102 (702)444-4540
(NE corner of Sahara & Decatur). Here is a reference map for Meepleville.
- There is no smoking in the main playing room.
Contact: Call Tony Anton at 702-458-0926 (after 4PM Tue, 702-720-7742) for more information.
Upcoming schedule and announcements:
- Congratulations to Ron Wertheim, winner of the Las Vegas Backgammon Tournament Open Division on November 20, 2022. Ron faced some of the toughest opponents in backgammon, winning the final against Zdenek Zizka! Way to go Ron, we are elated for you and glad you call Las Vegas your home club.
- Shout-out to Jack Cohen. Jack had two nice results at the Las Vegas Backgammon Tournament. He took second in the Consulation of the Intermediate Division and placed second in the Intermediate Jackpot.
- You can't keep good men down! Aaron Foust and Al Hodis from Las Vegas played in the blitz final. Aaron bested Al scoring the first place victory. Congratulations to both Aaron and Al.
- The club will be dark on Tuesday, December 27, 2022
On November 22, 2022 we had 20 players in attendance.
- Tournament #1 (16): 1/2-Paul Franks 1/2-Ron Wertheim
- Tournament #2 (8): 1/2-Brian Hoeft 1/2-Tom Elgas
- Tournament #3 (8): 1/2-Jim Tighi 1/2-Jack Cohen
- Tournament #4 (8): 1/2-Al Hodis 1/2-Dennis McFarlin
Our next meeting will be Tuesday, November 29, 2022
Congratulations to Tony Anton for winning the 2021 Maxikuli cup. Tony is our first back-to-back Maxakuli Cup Champion.
- Jack Cohen def Al Hodis
(11 - 5)
- Brian Hoeft def Tom Elgas
(11 - 8)
- Greg West def Howard Markowitz
(11 - 4)
- Tony Anton def Jim Tighi
(11 - 4)
Round #2 (semi-finals)
- Jack Cohen def Brian Hoeft
(11 - 3)
- Tony Anton def Greg West
(11 - 6)
Round #3 (finals)
- Tony Anton def Jack Cohen
(11 - 0)
United States Backgammon Rules - 2019.
Las Vegas Backgammon Club Rules - Updated for 2022.
2022 Standings - November 11
Top 8 qualify for the LVBC Tournament of Champions
|November Month Standings:|
2022 season ends on Dec. 22.
Maxakuli Cup will be on Wed., Dec. 23.
Player of the month for past 12 months
|Sep 2022||Greg West||(47.5/4)|
|Aug 2022||Randy Ohel||(56.0/5)|
|Jul 2022||Ash Boorboor||(44.0/4)|
|Jun 2022||Al Hodis||(50.0/4)|
|May 2022||Ash Boorboor||(55.5/5)|
|Apr 2022||Al Hodis||(32.5/3)|
|Mar 2022||Tom Elgas||(79.0/5)|
|Feb 2022||Al Hodis||(49.5/4)|
|Jan 2022||Al Hodis||(58.5/4)|
|Dec 2021||Greg West||(34.0/3)|
|Nov 2021||Al Hodis & Howard Markowitz||(60.5/5)|
|Oct 2021||Al Hodis||(48.0/4)|
1000 to 1 Club 2022
Club members winning 10 or more matches in a row in 2022
|Mar 8|| Mary Franks||10|
|Mar 29|| Tom Elgas||11|
|Apr 12|| Al Hodis||10|
|Jun 28|| Brian Hoeft||11|
|Sep 6|| Greg West||10|
VegasBG 1000 to 1 Club Members